The weather is starting to get noticeably cooler and this recipe will keep you warm as the nights start to draw in. An easy, and delicious, one-pot meal that can be made in a slow cooker or in an Instant Pot. The addition of the diced beef makes this meal go a bit further.
8 beef short ribs
400g grass-fed diced beef
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red onion – sliced into rings
1 leek – chopped
200g fresh spinach
150g organic tomato paste
2 tbsp beef fat
- Heat the beef fat in a slow cooker or on sauté function in the Instant Pot.
- Add the garlic, onion & leek & sauté lightly.
- Add the ribs and sear for approx. 3 minutes.
- Remove the ribs and add the diced beef and brown.
- Add the spinach and tomato paste and stir through.
- Add the ribs back to the pot.
- Place the lid on your chosen pot.
- For Instant Pot: Set to Manual for 30 minutes. Quick release when cooking time has finished.
- For Slow Cooker: Set to high for 8 hours.
Enjoy either as it is or with an accompaniment such as rice, or a low carb alternative – cauliflower rice.