Saturday Short Ribs Special
The weather is starting to get noticeably cooler and this recipe will keep you warm as the nights start to draw in. An easy, and delicious, one-pot meal that can be made in a slow cooker or in an Instant Pot. The addition of the diced beef makes this meal go a bit further.
8 beef short ribs
400g grass-fed diced beef
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red onion – sliced into rings
1 leek – chopped
200g fresh spinach
150g organic tomato paste
2 tbsp beef fat
- Heat the beef fat in a slow cooker or on sauté function in the Instant Pot.
- Add the garlic, onion & leek & sauté lightly.
- Add the ribs and sear for approx. 3 minutes.
- Remove the ribs and add the diced beef and brown.
- Add the spinach and tomato paste and stir through.
- Add the ribs back to the pot.
- Place the lid on your chosen pot.
- For Instant Pot: Set to Manual for 30 minutes. Quick release when cooking time has finished.
- For Slow Cooker: Set to high for 8 hours.
Enjoy either as it is or with an accompaniment such as rice, or a low carb alternative – cauliflower rice.