Mayo is so easy to make – you’ll never want to buy processed again!! This version has the added flavours of garlic and basil, which goes well with…just about anything!! 🙂
- 1 + 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- I egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small jug
- Place the 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, egg, mustard powder, black pepper, garlic & basil into a blender and whizz until mixed.
- Add the rest of the olive oil (1 cup) to the lemon juice. Put the blender on minimum and SLOWLY add the oil & lemon. Be patient & don’t add too fast or the mixture will not blend properly and will curdle.
- When fully mixed, spoon the mayo into a jar and store in the fridge for up to one week.