This is a fantastic way to get some extra DHA and omega 3 into your diet! DHA is essential for the brain and this recipe packs a powerful punch. It is so simple to make, freezes well and tastes deliciously creamy. I am not a big fan of sardines on their own, so for me this is a great way to incorporate them on a regular basis.
- 300g sardines in brine or spring water – drained
- 60g cod liver (I get mine here)
- 100g cod liver oil (I used the extra left over from a previous tin of cod liver)
- 2tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients into your food processor and combine until smooth and creamy..
- Scoop the pâté into small ramekins or bowls. Cover with plastic wrap pressed down onto the pâté (to protect it from air).
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight so the pâté firms up.
The pâté will stay fresh up to 1 week in the fridge, and freezes well so extra portions can be placed in the freezer for future use. Delicious served with homemade pork cracklings!